The average person spends roughly 90% of their time indoors, leaving only 10% of our time to breathe in relatively clean outdoor air. For as often as we breathe the air in our homes and offices, it would greatly benefit us to take steps toward improving our indoor air quality. Filterless air purifiers are an effective solution for removing pollutants from your air, offering significant health benefits, especially those suffering from allergies.
Many HVAC companies offer maintenance programs in which HVAC technicians visit their customers’ homes before the summer and winter months to make sure systems are working properly. With these programs, technicians will also change their customers’ filters, check their furnaces and possibly perform some light cleaning.
Uncover what you need to know to stay safe and healthy in the air we breathe. Subscribe to our blog and receive our infographic for free.
Indoor air quality has a significant impact on our health, and in many cases, we need to install an air purifier into our heating/cooling systems in order to help clean the air in our homes. Historically these purifiers have relied heavily on expensive, frequently-replaced HEPA furnace filters to physically remove allergens and toxins from the air. However, there are now more advanced and effective technologies found in various device configurations.
HVAC customers depend on you to you to help them maintain healthy, optimal airflow in their homes and often turn to you to provide recommendations on different air purification products and systems. However, whether it's for whole home air purifiers or portable systems, navigating and understanding the various air purification systems on the market can be a burden.
Did you know that the air in your home is two to five times more polluted than outside air? No wonder people say they need to get some "fresh air." So, how can you clean your air? There’s a big difference between a clean home and healthy home. You may pride yourself on keeping your house nice and clean, but without the right precautions, you still breath in contaminants that you can’t see. In fact, the EPA reports that concentrations of some pollutants in your home are two to five times higher than typical outdoor concentrations. And we spend 90% of our time indoors.
Sneezing, itching and a running nose? No problem! While flu season may still be in full swing, we have the scoop on easy ways to keep your home germ-, virus- and allergen-free.
Southern California Gas Company’s Aliso Canyon storage facility near the Los Angeles neighborhood of Porter Ranch is the second largest gas storage facility of its kind in the United States. As of October 2015, the storage facility has been emitting natural gas, an invisible gas consisting largely of methane, into the Porter Ranch community sickening residents and forcing thousands to evacuate their homes. Since then, Los Angeles Daily News reports the LAUSD board had to temporarily move Porter Ranch Community School and Castlebay Lane Charter School students to alternate locations.
Love is in the air! You probably already see pink and red roses decorating every store you enter, and commercials for last-minute Valentine’s Day gift ideas. This Valentine’s season more than 36 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold, and almost 8 billion candy hearts will be produced this year, but are chocolates and candy hearts the healthiest choice for your family? The American Heart Association suggests that sugar intake should be limited to no more than half of your discretionary allowance, which is roughly 100 calories or 6 teaspoons a day for women, or 150 calories or 9 teaspoons a day for men. This amount is even smaller for children. So, for you to have the healthiest Valentine’s Day you can, we rounded up some alternatives to chocolates and candy.